More About Zoning & Planning
What is Planning?
Neighborhood plans help guide an area’s development. They are created with extensive community participation. The planning process is a chance for neighbors, business owners, investors, and civic leaders to learn, exchange ideas, and imagine the future of their community together.
North of Lehigh Plan
In 2007, NKCDC began working closely with neighbors between Lehigh Avenue and Clearfield Street in Kensington. Through volunteer-led studies, community meetings, focus groups and surveys completed by 400 residents, NKCDC worked with neighbors to produce the North of Lehigh Neighborhood Revitalization Plan in 2013.
The plan outlines eight major goals which continue to guide NKCDC’s collaborative efforts in the community:
- Improve public safety and mitigate the drug market
- Strategically rehabilitate housing
- Reduce vacant land and improve the community’s green space
- Spur capital investment with the Orinoka Civic House development
- Calm traffic in residential areas and improve local streets
- Promote community cohesion and celebrate neighborhood diversity
- Rebuild the neighborhood through economic development and environmental justice
- Invest in human capital
For more information on how we’re implementing the North of Lehigh plan, please contact Katsí Miranda-Lozada, Community Engagement Director, at email@example.com or 215-427-0350 x122.
Other Neighborhood Plans
- Brownfields Area-Wide Plan (2019)
- Heart of Kensington Collective Impact Plan (2017)
- This is East Girard, Fishtown: East Girard Corridor District Marketing Plan (2013)
- Lehigh/Somerset Conceptual Master Plan (2011)
- Riverfront Plan (2008)
- Frankford Ave Arts Corridor Plan (2004)
- The Determinants of Neighborhood Transformations in Philadelphia-Identification and Analysis: The New Kensington Pilot Study (2004)
- 19125 Neighborhood Plan (2003)