NKCDC Housing Advisors are available by phone and online—and they’re free!
We’re here to help!
- Renters. There is a national ban on rental evictions effective through June 2021. Learn your rights as a renter, get representation in housing court, and get connected to a wide network of housing resources by contacting NKCDC. Call 215-427-0350, email email@example.com, or request a housing appointment here.
- Homeowners. There is a ban on foreclosures from government-backed mortgages through June 2021, including USDA, VA, and HUD. You can also apply for mortgage forbearance. NKCDC will tell you what options apply in your situation, and guide you through getting the resources you need. Call 215-427-0350, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or request a housing appointment here.
- All utility customers. Households that are behind on their utility bills may be able to get grants of up to $1,000 through LIHEAP. Call NKCDC at 215-427-0350 x114 for help with your application.
More About Homebuying
Buying a Home
Since 1985, NKCDC’s housing advisors have helped thousands of Philadelphians buy their own home, and we can help you too!
Keeping Your Home
Whether you own or rent your home, NKCDC’s certified housing advisors can help you with all your housing needs.
- Energy & Utilities
- Home Repair
- Property Tax
- Sheriff Sale
- Tax & Rent Rebates
RENTERS & HOMEOWNERS
Life insurance. Retirement planning. Estate planning.
Understanding and tracking your personal finances can feel like a huge task. Let NKCDC help you navigate your financial environment.
- Section 1 – Goals, Assets and Earnings
- Section 2 – Spend, Save and Invest
- Section 3 – Review Taxes, Manage Risk, and Protect Your Money
- Section 4 – How to Get, Use, and Manage Credit
Credit & Budget Coaching
Are you interested in building your credit? NKCDC will:
- Obtain your credit report with scores from all 3 credit bureaus, and explain how to read it
- Provide letters if you need to dispute incorrect information
- Help you create a realistic savings plan to meet your goals
- Determine if you qualify for assistance programs that can help you reduce your expenses
NKCDC owns and rents more than 80 affordable apartments in the River Wards. If you’re interested in applying, please note that there may be a wait list but we are always taking applicants.
Podcasts from PHFA
Learn on the go with podcasts from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
- Close To Home covers topics around buying a home.
- Master Your Money teaches how to build a strong financial future.
- PHFA Update discusses a wide range of housing issues.