NKCDC’s housing counseling can give you free help with almost any housing need
Property Tax Relief
High property taxes? NKCDC can help. We are offering four walk-in times you can get free help to appeal your property assessment with the city, or apply for three programs for tax relief: LOOP, Homestead Exemption, and Senior Tax Freeze.
- Wednesday, October 5, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Thursday, October 6, 4:00 – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 12, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Thursday, October 13, 4:00 – 7:00 PM
Come to the Kensington Empowerment Hub, 2771 Ruth Street, Philadelphia.
Please bring IDs and social security numbers for all homeowners, and the total annual income for all household members.
What is housing counseling?
Housing counseling is not therapy. It is free access to HUD-certified housing professionals who can walk with you through the process of buying a home, paying mortgage, rent or utility bills, avoiding eviction or foreclosure, applying for free home repairs, etc. Our services are paid by government contracts, so they are free to all our clients (although we need to charge for pulling your credit report). Contact 215-427-0350, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit nkcdc.org/appointment.
More About Homebuying
Buying a Home
Since 1985, NKCDC’s housing advisors have helped thousands of Philadelphians buy their own home, and we can help you too!
Keeping Your Home
Whether you own or rent your home, NKCDC’s certified housing advisors can help you with all your housing needs.
- Energy & Utilities
- Home Repair
- Mortgage Payments
- Name on Deed
- Property Tax
- Sheriff Sale
- Tax & Rent Rebates
Credit & Budget Coaching
Are you interested in building your credit? NKCDC will:
- Obtain your credit report with scores from all 3 credit bureaus, and explain how to read it
- Provide letters if you need to dispute incorrect information
- Help you create a realistic savings plan to meet your goals
- Determine if you qualify for assistance programs that can help you reduce your expenses
NKCDC owns and rents more than 80 affordable apartments in the River Wards. If you’re interested in applying, please note that there may be a wait list but we are always taking applicants.
Podcasts from PHFA
Learn on the go with podcasts from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
- Close To Home covers topics around buying a home.
- Master Your Money teaches how to build a strong financial future.
- PHFA Update discusses a wide range of housing issues.