Vegetable Ravioli Lasagna
More About Nourish Recipes
Serves: 6 Time: About 1 hour 15 minutes
“All three of the kids helped so it was a lot of fun, rewarding and a great way to hide the veggies. It was a great meal!” —Tammy Holly
What you need
- Olive oil
- 1 package ravioli cooked halfway (2 ½ minutes for the ones in your to go bag)
- 1 jar marinara (or make your own sauce, see recipe below)
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese & ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- mixed together
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables (examples: zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli,
- cauliflower, carrots, red peppers, mushrooms)
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, kale or collard greens or 1 package frozen (defrost and
- squeeze out all the water). If using fresh greens, chop and saute beforehand.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt & pepper
If using an oven, preheat to 350. Oil a 9×9 inch (microwave safe) casserole –Pyrex is ideal. Heat skillet to medium high. Add olive oil and cook onion until soft, add garlic and cook for another minute. Add your chopped vegetables, basil, oregano, and ¼ cup of water and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, remove from heat, and mix in ½ of tomato sauce. The sauce should be a little thin – it will help cook the ravioli the rest of the way. Put a thin layer of just sauce on the bottom of the casserole.
Add a single layer of raviolis, then a layer of the vegetable mixture and top with cheese.
Repeat the step above, and finish with the vegetable layer topped with just sauce. Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes if using the oven; take foil off, sprinkle with rest of cheese and cook for another 10 minutes. For the microwave, cover with plastic wrap and pierce the wrap a few times to let steam escape. Cook at medium power for 10 minutes, turn the dish, top with the rest of the cheese and then cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove from oven or microwave & let cool for 10 minutes, then serve
Easiest Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano and dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or plain tomato sauce
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add oregano, basil and salt. Cook and stir for 3 minutes until onions begin to brown. Add crushed garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes. Turn heat to high and cook while stirring until simmering. Turn heat to medium low. Simmer for 10 minutes and it’s ready.