Position Title: Warehouse Associate
Primary Location: Roxborough
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Status: Part-time, non-exempt, on-site
The Warehouse Associate for Small Things Inc. will be part of the day-to-day operations of this busy, non-profit food distribution warehouse. This includes overseeing deliveries, moving inventory, using all warehouse equipment, and ensuring our partners get the food they need. This person should be a team player who is willing to do all to help Small Things succeed in its efforts to support local organizations by providing them with resources to support their communities.
The Warehouse Associate will oversee work in an open warehouse that houses perishable and non-perishable food.
• Able to maintain the health and efficiency of the warehouse, including a clean work environment, safety standards, and safe food handling standards.
• Able to provide professional customer service, positively connect with staff and warehouse partners from the community, adhering to Small Things’ values of dignity and integrity.
• Able to adapt to change and spot developing patterns – both in terms of workflow and managing inventory.
• Knowledgeable of and adherence to safety rules.
• Able to be operate equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 1 year of warehouse experience is required; experience with food, produce, or a related industry is a plus.
• Experience using standard warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, man-ups, and reach trucks.
• A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Essential Job Functions:
• Bend, stop, crouch, climb, stand, sit, walk, and turn/pivot throughout an 8-hour shift, 5 days a week.
• Lift/lower, push/pull and carry objects/parcels no greater than 50 pounds; when lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling and carrying objects/parcels greater than 50 pounds use 2 people or mechanical.
• Operate pallet jack, both manual and power, and ride jack to load/unload trucks.
• Reach, grasp, and maintain control of items and materials used to perform activities associated with delivering and picking up packages.
• See, hear and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions and communication with the public
• Work in an environment that will contain variable temperatures and humidity, outside weather conditions, exposure to noise, dust/dirt, and confined work areas.
For more information
Barb Delp, Director of Operations
Small Things Inc.
Small Things Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment – including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge – will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to inclusion equity and diversity.