Note: This RFP closed on March 21, 2022. It is provided here as for reference only.
2211-2217 Frankford Ave. is a vacant lot on the east side of Frankford Ave. between Susquehanna and Dauphin. It is approximately 6,000 SF, with 75’ of street frontage. A wooden fence separates the property from the street, and there are several trees on the property. There is no water or power available on the property.
NKCDC is interested in temporary uses for this property that would be beneficial for neighborhood residents and are consistent with NKCDC’s mission and work (please see nkcdc.org). For examples, such uses might include:
- Improving the quality of and access to this open space through programming (e.g., health, youth, workforce development, economic development, arts, or other kinds of programming)
- Shared market space for small, diverse vendors from our service area
- Providing goods and services that would be valued by the community and/ or that would provide employment opportunities for low-income individuals
We are interested in uses for this year (2022); then we will evaluate success and determine whether to continue using the space in similar or different ways. A big part of our evaluation process will be collecting community feedback during and after the use of the space. We will also be getting community feedback beforehand to help decide which proposal(s) is/ are the best.
Individuals and organizations are welcome to provide proposals. You do not need to have a fully developed proposal to respond to this RFP; just provide as much information as you can. NKCDC will consider your response and request additional information if needed.
Please note that NKCDC will not be providing any financial support for any use – we would just provide the space. Any financial costs, including maintenance and insurance, will have to be covered by the person or organization using the space. Also, the space will have to be returned to its original condition after it is used unless NKCDC gives permission to do otherwise.
Please provide as much of the following information as you can. Sending your proposal via email is preferred at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also drop information off at our offices at 2771 Ruth St., Suite 1, Philadelphia, PA 19134. The deadline is March 21, 2022.
Information about your organization
- Contact name and title
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- Tell us about your organization – what do we need to know about what you do and how you do it?
- Tell us about diversity and efforts to promote equity in your organization
- Does your organization have any special relationship with the neighborhood around this property? If so, please tell us about it.
Proposed use of space
- How do you propose to use the space?
- What changes would you want to make to the space? E.g., would you want to install any structures, bring furnishings, string lights overhead, park food trucks?
- Do you have the funds you need to make any changes, or would you have to raise the money?
- Could you share the space with others (e.g., use it on certain days of the week or month), or do you need exclusive site control?
- Who is your target audience?
- How do you propose to promote your use of the space?
- When do you want to use the space, over what period of time, and what are the proposed days and hours of operation?
- Are you proposing to partner with other organizations? If so, which ones? Please tell us about them.
- How is the proposed use of the space consistent with NKCDC’s mission or work (e.g., community engagement, economic empowerment, advancing social equity)
- Do you propose to pay NKCDC for use of the space, or would you expect to use it free of charge? Do you expect to make money from the space, and if so, do you propose to share revenues with NKCDC?
Questions, conditions, issues
If there is anything else you want us to know or consider, or if there is additional information you need from us, please let us know by email at email@example.com.
- If you have questions, please email them to Nicole Westerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will welcome proposals received on or before March 21, 2022.
- Proposals will be considered based on the information provided, and based on an evaluation process that is designed to result in partnerships that are aligned with NKCDC’s mission and work.
- An important part of our proposal evaluation process will be asking neighbors and community organizations to weigh in on proposals. You may be asked to present your proposal at civic organization meetings or in other forums.
- We may contact one or more organizations to request additional information or to request a meeting to discuss proposals.
- We reserve the right to accept none of the proposals we receive, or to revise and re-issue this RFP at any time.
- Users of the space will be required to execute a license agreement with NKCDC; obtain and maintain liability insurance; name NKCDC as an additional insured; and provide proof of insurance.