NKCDC is offering the opportunity to become a Certified Community Health Worker and Peer Support Specialist in the Kensington community. The training program targets 19134, 19125, 19122, 19133 and 19140 zip codes. The training is paid and will include basic fundamental healthcare techniques. General skills needed for training. Must be willing to venture out in the community to service residents. Limited number of part-time employment opportunities at NKCDC after training is complete.
• Training is free. Start date to be announced. Trainees get a stipend.
• PA certification of CHW and CPS (for those who qualify)
• Materials and equipment provided
• Software training provided
• Community outreach training provided
• Refer residents to services and resources
• Track client and referral information
• Continuing Education Units will be available after training is completed
• Career Development Workshops will be available after training is completed
Qualifications and requirements
• High school diploma/GED
• 18 yrs. or older
• Residence in 19134 zip code preferred
• Great inter-personal skills
• Willing to work compassionately with diverse and vulnerable populations, primarily in the Kensington neighborhood
• Able to work evenings and weekends as needed
Apply online here, or send applications to Lizette Lewis, Workforce Development Associate at email@example.com. Applications will also be available at the NKCDC offices at 2771 Ruth Street, Philadelphia. Application deadline is Friday, April 17. Applications are kept on file for future training references. We cannot always respond personally due to high volumes of inquiries.