New Kensington Community Development Corporation (NKCDC) is a community development corporation committed to sustainable development in housing opportunities, economic development, vacant land strategies, community engagement, and real estate development. NKCDC advances social equity and economic empowerment by nurturing and creating opportunities for residents to live and actively shape their neighborhoods of choice. To that end, NKCDC provides free housing counseling to anyone in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and offers many additional resources to residents and businesses in the Kensington, Fishtown, and Port Richmond neighborhoods.
NKCDC has a strong reputation, both locally and nationally, with longstanding credibility of serving as trusted and valuable partner and collaborator. We are a chartered member of the NeighborWorks America network. Historically, our approach to arts-based development and vacant land management have been considered innovative and transformative. Our current work using a trauma-informed community engagement model, applying a racial equity lens across the organization, and leading programs at the intersection of health and housing are keeping NKCDC at the cutting-edge of community development. NKCDC draws on the strengths of the communities in Kensington, Fishtown, and Port Richmond — a population of over 60,000 residents, 23% of whom live below the federal poverty level — to make sure neighborhood development benefits all residents. More information can be found at nkcdc.org.
The Human Resources Generalist will support the organization by implementing and administering Human Resources programs or policies.
- Provide Human Resources services, which may include:
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Administration of Compensation and Benefits programs
- Training and Development
- Employee Relations
- Safety & Compliance
- Payroll Processing
- Responsible for onboarding/orientation of all new hires
- Oversees the employee life cycle; serves as the point of contact for all HR-related questions
- Completes employment-related transactions and maintains associated records within the HRIS platform (currently Paylocity)
- Collects and analyzes internal and external information to compare the organizations HR practices to those prevailing in the market.
- Ensures compliance with applicable labor laws or regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of HR or related experience
- Knowledge of Paylocity preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- High degree of accountability
- Able to build strong internal relationships and provide best practice HR guidance to managers and employees
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including HMO health plan, long- and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, and 403(b) retirement plan. The salary range for the position will be $62,000, with a full-time schedule, 35 hours per week. This position will be located on- site Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, at our main office, 2771 Ruth Street, Suite 1, Philadelphia, PA 19134.
Application emails received by May 31, 2022, will be considered on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “[YOUR NAME] NKCDC Human Resources Generalist Application” in the subject line. All candidate resumes are given due consideration and are kept on file for one year, but we cannot always respond personally due to the high volume of inquiries.
NKCDC provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion, language, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or physical ability.