At New Kensington Community Development Corporation (NKCDC), we believe that neighborhood development can and should benefit all residents. NKCDC provides free housing counseling to anyone in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and offers many additional resources to residents and businesses in the Kensington, Fishtown, and Port Richmond neighborhoods.
We use a strategic combination of catalytic real estate development, community engagement, and people-centered direct services to ensure all of our neighbors can remain—and thrive—where they choose to live. Whether we are building affordable housing or helping residents build their wealth, we pledge to promote equity, stability, and safety in all we do, with a sharp focus on those most at-risk of being displaced.
Work with the Economic Development team to improve commercial corridors through cleaning and education. Serve as an ambassador for commercial corridors within the Kensington, Fishtown and Port Richmond areas; interacting with business and property owners, providing manual cleaning services, servicing public trash cans and street furniture maintenance.
Director of Economic Development
- Remove litter from sidewalks, curbs and sections of the street
- Remove graffiti, stickers and other debris from public fixtures
- Ensure lots and public spaces are free from trash and debris
- Track and maintain a list of business/property owners’ concerns as needed, reporting such concerns to Supervisor
- Interact with business owners along the corridor, distributing materials and promoting events and providing education on City policies
- Identify code violations, capture images on camera phone and send to 3-1-1
- Service NKCDC owned trash cans in the public right of way
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all types of weather
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Comfortable riding a bicycle for short distances
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to interact with diverse people
- Both team player and self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks
- Language skills in Spanish, Polish or Vietnamese a plus
Competitive wage with excellent benefits including HMO health plan, long- and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation and 403 (b) retirement plan. Wage for this position will be $15 hourly, 35 hours a week, year-round.
Email cover letter and resume to Severa Kata, HR Generalist at email@example.com with “Corridor Steward” in the subject line, or fill out an online application using this form. Paper applications are available as well at NKCDC, 2771 Ruth St, Suite 1. All candidate resumes are given due consideration and are kept on file for one year, but we cannot always respond personally due to the high volume of inquiries.
NKCDC provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion, language, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or physical ability.