NKCDC is offering the opportunity to become a Certified Community Health Worker and Peer Support Specialist in the Kensington community. The training program targets 19134, 19125, 19122, 19133 and 19140 zip codes. This is a paid training of $15/ hr. and will include basic healthcare fundamentals. Only general skills needed for training. Must be willing to venture out in the community to service residents.
• 8-week, paid training, likely starting on Monday, July 12, 2021
• PA certification of CHW and CPS
• Materials and equipment provided for the training
• Professionalism and Software training provided to trainees
• Community outreach training provided
• Refer residents to services and resources
• Track client and referral information
• Continuing Education Units will be available after training is completed
• Career Development Workshops will be available after training is completed
Qualifications and requirements
• High school diploma/GED required. High School Seniors welcomed.
• Must be 18 yrs. or older.
• Residence in 19134 preferred.
• Great interpersonal skills needed and have to be willing to engage clients.
• Willing to work compassionately with diverse and vulnerable populations, primarily in the Kensington neighborhood.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Graduates of the training program will have the opportunity to apply for part-time employment at NKCDC at the completion of the program.
Application deadline is Sunday June 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Send applications to Lizette Lewis, Workforce Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will also be available at Orinoka Civic House at 2771 Ruth Street. Applications are kept on file for future training references. We cannot always respond personally due to the high volume of inquiries.