The Community Engagement Project Manager will help advance and lead Impact’s Place-based community development work. This place-based work is driven by Impact Services’ Heart of Kensington Plan and is being conducted in and around several focus zones to promote resident engagement and partnership development. Work for this will happen in conjunction with 2 Project Coordinators and 8 Community Connectors who help facilitate and activate any work to advance these goals.
The Community Connectors program acts as a conduit between the work of Impact Services and the community it serves. They help ensure residents directly impacted by development shape the planning and implementation of the neighborhood plan.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time position at $50,000-60,000 salary (commensurate with experience) and full benefits
● Department Strategy: Work closely with Deputy Director and Director to coordinate team capacity and resources appropriately to accomplish overall department goals and neighborhood strategies. Help design and implement new program goals and advance new opportunities.
● Partnership Development: Working closely with partners in CBCR and WFRF Implementation projects to advance partnership goals. This includes a high level of communication to ensure that all are aware of each organization’s activities and are coordinated. Attend all CBCR meetings for engagement to ensure coordination and advancement of projects.
● Provide Oversight of Engagement for Place Based Projects: Support Director and Deputy Director around coordination of community engagement activities including Rebuild and other place-based clean and green or CBCR projects.
● Coordination and oversight of Community Connectors: Ensure up to 8 Community Connectors have support, information, work plans and materials to complete their tasks, including technology training, trauma informed approaches, time management, timesheets, and administrative support. Develop operational systems or tools to help create efficiencies and guides to support this.
● Oversee Project Coordinators. Work with Project Coordinators to ensure that they understand their roles and responsibilities as it relates to every project. Create weekly/monthly/annual work plans and update them as necessary. Provide feedback and mentorship to help them accomplish their goals. Conduct weekly check ins, project kickoff meetings, etc. as it relates to these place-based projects.
● Record keeping, reporting and data management: Ensure collection of information is occurring in a consistent way by Project Coordinators and Community Connectors. Provide detailed information on attendance, volunteer rosters, asset mapping, surveying and keep up with grant reporting requirements.
● 2+ years project management experience
● 1+ year supervisory experience
● Highly organized, able to juggle multiple projects and people
● Experienced in community outreach and engagement
● Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
● Able to work independently and as part the team
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities
● Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
● Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
● Resident of Kensington/North Philadelphia preferred
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to HR Manager Holly Jones at email@example.com