Organize and implement Impact’s community place-based engagement activities in the McPherson Heart of Kensington Plan Area, including the McPherson Rebuild Project. This includes conducting outreach, working to advance community-led projects, supporting the Friends of McPherson group, staffing Impact’s various community engagement events within their project areas. They will also support the Community Development team as needed.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
COMPENSATION: This is a full time position at $35,000 – $40,000 salary (commensurate with experience)
● Organizing and Outreach: Promote civic engagement and attendance at organized cleanups and events as assigned in various locations through the Impact focus zones. This will include organizing and coordinating community events, including leading teams of volunteers during cleanups, and blight elimination projects, coordinating the outreach and event planning, and working with the Community Connectors to help support and advance these goals. The community engagement coordinator will also help manage relationships with local block captains.
● Community involvement: Represent Impact at community meetings throughout the area. These include, but are not limited to, El Barrio es Nuestro, McPherson Action Group, Friends of McPherson, Kensington Neighbors Association, Kensington Independent Civic Association, 24th District PDAC, among others. Coordinator will take notes to share with the Community Development team as needed, as well as report on Impact initiatives and engage with residents, community leaders, officials and business owners as appropriate.
● Services Liaison: Provide information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy to assist residents and neighbors in accessing services and resources. Seek out resources if needed so that Impact may better meet the needs of local residents.
● Record keeping, reporting and data management: Collect and maintain detailed information on attendance, volunteer rosters, asset mapping, surveying and keep up with grant reporting requirements as assigned. Work closely with Community Development team to provide ongoing support for inter-organizational communication and data tracking and monitoring.
● Friends of McPherson Support: Promote engagement and attendance at Friends of McPherson Action Group meetings. This will include organizing and coordinating meetings (virtually during COVID), keeping records of attendance and minutes, distributing meeting reminders and minutes regularly and maintaining the Facebook page with regular content relevant to the park.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Experience in community outreach and engagement required
● Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
● Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage projects
● Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and other database programs
● Ability to follow directions and manage time effectively to complete tasks on schedule
● Able to work independently and as a supportive member of a team
● Strong communication skills: frequent written and verbal communication
● Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated maturity in problem solving and conflict resolution skills
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities
● Resident of Kensington/North Philadelphia preferred
● Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to HR Manager Holly Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org