New Kensington Community Development Corporation (NKCDC) is a community development corporation committed to sustainable development in housing opportunities, economic development, vacant land strategies, community engagement, and real estate development. NKCDC advances social equity and economic empowerment by nurturing and creating opportunities for residents to live and actively shape their neighborhoods of choice. To that end, NKCDC provides free housing counseling to anyone in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and offers many additional resources to residents and businesses in the Kensington, Fishtown, and Port Richmond neighborhoods.
NKCDC has a strong reputation, both locally and nationally, with longstanding credibility of serving as trusted and valuable partner and collaborator. The organization is currently the only community development organization in the City of Philadelphia that is a chartered member of the NeighborWorks America network. Historically, our approach to arts‐based development and vacant land management have been considered innovative and transformative. Our current work using a trauma‐informed community engagement model, applying a racial equity lens across the organization, and leading programs at the intersection of health and housing are keeping NKCDC at the cutting‐edge of community development. NKCDC draws on the strengths of the communities in Kensington, Fishtown, and Port Richmond — a population of over 62,800, 23% of whom live below the federal poverty level — to make sure neighborhood development benefits all residents. More information can be found at nkcdc.org.
Assist with accrual accounting procedures.
Director of Finance
- Work closely with other Finance Team members in recording accrual processes including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Provide grant contract requirements for invoicing, reporting and contract reconciliation.
- Troubleshoot employee technology issues.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience and training/certification in accounting with a successful track record of reporting on funds from foundations, corporations, and government sources required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Abila/Sage MIP preferred.
- Ability to track and maintain project budgets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365/SharePoint and general computer troubleshooting
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including HMO health plan, long‐ and short‐term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, and 403(b) retirement plan. Salary for this position will be $1,107.58 per week, with a full‐time schedule, 35 hours per week. This position will be located on‐site Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, at our main office, 2771 Ruth Street, Suite 1, Philadelphia, PA 19134.
Applications received by September 24, 2021 will be considered on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “[YOUR NAME] NKCDC Accounting Specialist Application” in the subject line. All candidate resumes are given due consideration and are kept on file for one year, but we cannot always respond personally due to the high volume of inquiries.
NKCDC provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion, language, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or physical ability.