From small shops and studios to world-class restaurants and music venues, the arts are at home in the River Wards.
Help for COVID-19
Help is coming for artists and entrepreneurs affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
- Artist Relief is an initiative by Creative Capital and several national grantmakers for immediate, unrestricted emergency funding of $5,000 for individual artists of all disciplines.
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+) has a dedicated emergency response fund for artists dealing with health impacts from the coronavirus.
- Foundation for Contemporary Artists is providing relief for a canceled performance or exhibition due to COVID-19.
- MusicCares Foundation provides short-term financial assistance for personal or addiction needs that have arisen due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Musicians Foundation Emergency Aid is temporarily closed due to a high volume of applicants, but will reopen.
- PEN America Writers’ Emergency Fund provides small grants to published or produced writers in acute or unexpected financial crisis.
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants provides one-time grants of up to $5,000 for unexpected medical emergencies.
- Authors League Fund publishes a list of emergency resources, and helps career authors, dramatists, journalists, and poets in emergency circumstances.
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resource is a clearinghouse for financial, legal and health assistance.
- Creative Capital is compiling a a list of resources for artists working in all disciplines, as well as arts philanthropists and arts professionals.
Frankford Ave Arts
NKCDC formed Frankford Avenue Arts in 2005 to foster the creative economy as a driver of revitalization on the Frankford Ave corridor. Today, we promote the thriving arts and creative business scene across the River Wards by connecting artists with resources and promoting arts events through our networks.
Kensington Derby & Arts Festival
Whether you’re eating, drinking, selling art or driving a human-powered parade float through a mud pit, the PFCU Kensington Derby & Arts Festival has something for you. Join us on Saturday, May 11, 2019 for a wacky and weird celebration of art in Kensington!