Rent the NKCDC Garden
Thanks for your interest in the NKCDC Garden!
Due to our current staff capacity, we cannot accept private event rental requests at this time. Public events hosted by organizations with established protocols for Covid and the capacity to implement them are still welcome to use the NKCDC Garden space. Please reach out to discuss your event and reserve the date as far in advance as possible. We are not able to accommodate events without at least three weeks lead time.
Please first check Garden availability by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Then complete the rental agreement below.
Covid Protocols for NKCDC Garden Rentals
Below are highlights from the City of Philadelphia’s Covid protocols for outdoor events. These guidelines will be enforced for NKCDC Garden rentals for as long as it is deemed necessary by the Department of Public Health. The complete recommendations can be found on the Department of Public Health’s website as Outdoor performance and event guidance.
Key points from these guidelines are:
- Mask use (except while eating or drinking)
- Screening for all guests for symptoms of Covid-19. (NKCDC has created a Health Screening Form for this process, which asks for a guest’s name, contact information, and symptom checklist. Temperature taking will NOT be required. All completed forms will be kept on record by NKCDC in a secure file until they may be destroyed.)
- Social Distancing (The Wedding Guidance contains specifics on the ceremony, such as recessionals, dancing, and live music.)
- Reducing Crowds:
– Food and beverages may be consumed if no more than 100 attendees are present.
– Do not serve food or drinks to standing guests. Guests must be seated at tables in order to eat or drink. Drinks may only be served at events where meals are also being served.
– Non-seated events Max Occupancy—guidelines say 67 people per 1,000 square foot for outdoor events. The NKCDC Garden is approximately 7,770 square feet, so we can accommodate 515 people at most.
– Seated events Max Occupancy—guidelines say 15% of maximum occupancy: 15% of 515 is 77 people maximum.