In September, NKCDC and our partners are offering multiple opportunities for free legal, financial and health advice, from writing your will to clearing a criminal record to beefing up bookkeeping at your small business:
- Thursday, September 8—How Can I Protect My Family’s Future? A dinner presentation on on end of life planning, living wills, and how to write a will with Legal Clinic for the Disabled. Dinner is provided!
- Tuesday, September 13—Tips on Lowering Your Tax Assessment and How to Enjoy Better Mental Health, a doubleheader, hybrid event in collaboration with DHCD’s Neighborhood Advisory Committee (NAC) and seven NAC organizations across Philadelphia.
- Thursday, September 15—A Record Clearing & Sealing Clinic with Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity, to help Philadelphians remove barriers to getting good jobs. Expungement is a judge’s order to erase an arrest or criminal charges from the public record.
- Friday, September 16—Take Ownership of Your Home, a second event about writing your will and getting your name on the deed of your home, with the Philadelphia Register of Wills at the NKCDC offices.
- Saturday, September 17—Somerset Neighbors For Better Living, the neighborhood association closest to our office, throws its annual Fall Neighborhood Block Party at Trenton Auburn Playground.
- Wednesday, September 21—Small Business Accounting, an online event with Widener University Small Business Development Center, part of a free monthly series for small businesses.
- And of course every Thursday, an ongoing diabetes prevention classes with community health workers and Nourish/SNAP-Ed nutrition education at Community Center at Visitation.