Development Manager (Temporary)
Our innovative, community-based work relies on a diverse and layered network of support to ensure its sustainability. In this role, you would be a key part of the team cultivating and nurturing these resources while the organization on-boards new executive leadership. You can expect to be flexing your grant-writing and contract management skills on a daily basis, while providing ongoing support for organizational fundraising efforts that engage individual, corporate and institutional donors. NKCDC prides itself on being agile and resourceful and we will appreciate those qualities in you.
You are part storyteller, part salesperson, part organizational whiz. A big part of your job will be staying tuned in to new opportunities, while assuring our existing funders and supporters that deliverables and deadlines are all on track. You're probably the ideal person for this position if you:
- Write persuasively and clearly, and can target messaging based on audience
- Are a quick study on various topics
- Maintain a calm and cool demeanor, even in a time crunch
- Enjoy working collaboratively – it's part of your DNA to check in with team members regularly – and also adept at keeping a team moving at a solid pace
- Are skilled at making connections within complex systems and can extrapolate the "big picture" from the individual puzzle pieces
- Are both discerning and strategic, self-motivated, and eat ambitious deadlines for lunch
- Have a high level of comfort with ambiguity and can perform in quickly-shifting contexts
- Can't rest until you've looked at each line and checked every detail
- Are comfortable figuring things out on your own and making things work
- Provide grant writing, contract management, and specialized development functions for NKCDC.
- Work with Director of Strategic Initiatives to regularly identify, review, and research any opportunities which may support NKCDC work; ensure opportunities align with existing programming and mission
- Coordinate and track grant proposals and responses to RFP's; work with various departments to collect all relevant supporting information
- Spearhead grant and contract management, from the "kick-off" meeting to ensuring timely reporting on deliverables and close-out
- Facilitate cross-department communication where needed to support effective grant/contract management
- Ensure relationships with existing funders are maintained
- Support individual, corporate and institutional giving, participate in sponsorship development for annual Kensington Kinetic Sculpture Derby
- Professional manner and good interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate with a broad range of constituents and supporters.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, prioritize work, take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines. Demonstrated flexibility in managing time-sensitive tasks and projects.
- Strong track record of success in grant writing and management required, preferably for organizations with annual budget greater than $1MM.
- Experience with government grant proposals and/or government contract management desirable.
- Experience with capital campaign and/or targeted major donor cultivation a big plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Some Spanish language preferred.
- Proficiency in various computer and internet programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe creative suite, CRM systems, and grant management systems
Competitive compensation and flexible schedule; temporary positions do not include benefits
Send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail).
NKCDC provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or prior wage, salary, benefits or other compensation.